Saturday, July 27, 2013

Conversations with Minty and Turi...




While watching 'Hello Dolly'...

Me: Gee he's a very tall man!
Minty: why is he so tall?
Turi: I think he eats all his dinner
Minty: I think he's just six footed

----

While telling Minty I'd bought us tickets to the ballet...

Minty: I want the whole family to come!
Me: I couldn't afford tickets for everyone, so I just bought two
Minty [crossly]: Well I want dad to take me and you can stay home and look after Turi because that's your job!
Me: But dad doesn't even like ballet!
Minty: he likes belly dancers…

----

Formulating his epic birthday list...

Turi: For my next birthday I want a wendy house and a Fireman Sam CD
Me [amused]: Your birthday list is getting very long.  Already you've asked for a dog, a trampoline and a red remote control car and your birthday isn't even till November.  Is there anything else you want to add?
Minty: What about a cat?
Turi [thoughtfully]: Maybe...
Me: So a cat and a dog?
Turi: Nah… maybe not a cat.  I think a reindeer.



No comments:

Post a Comment