Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fabric daydreams...



I woke up this morning with an overwhelming desire to rip out my carpet and stencil the subflooring like this or this.  When I told my husband he was less than impressed and suggested that perhaps instead of taking on yet another unpaid project perhaps I should do some actual 'work' for you know money.  You see I have this chronic habit of doing work for free.  I tend to think working for money is a little bit like sex between friends, more often than not a sure fire way to spoil a good thing.  Being paid is stifling to the creative mind.  But then I guess the money is good.  So I'm forcing myself to knuckle down.  I've been looking at day care centres for Minty for one day a week (more on this later), and trying to motivate myself to actually work on the design jobs I have piled up.

But honestly today I spent most of my time sorting through my stash to come up with some colour combinations for some (unpaid) sewing projects I'm dreaming of.  Procrastination is one of my special skills.




No comments:

Post a Comment