Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In which we make husky ballerinas and I share some recipes...


Today we made dollies out of corn husks. This is a really simple activity and was a big hit. Basically you just give the husk a head and limbs by shaping it using rubber bands, then draw on a face and clothe the doll with a muffin case skirt. They have a bit of a creepy blair witch vibe but Minty didn't seem to pick up on this and decided they were ballerinas named Mrs. Husk and Mrs. Cob.



I had a few requests for the gobi masala recipe after I posted about it on Sunday. I basically used this recipe but I doubled the amount of cauliflower (because unless you are making this as a small side dish you are going to need a bit more volume) and increased the cooking time to make sure it was properly tender. Just make sure you add a little more water if it is starting to dry out.


I served it with rice, plenty of coriander, plain yoghurt and tomato salad.


The tomato salad is from Bill Granger's Simply Bill (LOVE this book!). This is a regular favourite at our house, usually as a side to dhal and rice.


500g cherry tomatoes halved (I just used regular tomatoes diced because it is what I had on hand)

1-2 green chillies finely chopped

2 cloves garlic crushed

1 tablespoon lime juice

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment