Saturday, September 11, 2010

hello, I love you

Turi can talk! OK that is a gross exaggeration but let me explain…


He has been saying mum/mummy/mumma for a while now and has started to mimic us when we say very simple monosyllabic words but today he purposefully said 'hello' . I was (and still am) somewhat shocked. I stared at him in disbelief waiting for his head to spin around and him to spray me with green vomit. But sure enough he said it again and waved at me! Admittedly the pronunciation is a little closer to 'harrow' but the intonation is spot on and in combination with eye contact, a winning smile and his tiny waving hand the intention is perfectly clear. He then spent the day pottering around the house waving and saying 'harrow' and 'hi' to anyone who would listen like a little parrot saying 'polly wants a cracker'. I'm finding all of this very bizarre seeing as Minty didn't say anything other than 'mummy' and 'daddy' until well after her first birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever little man! Can't wait for a special personalised wave and 'hello'.

    ReplyDelete