Friday, March 5, 2010

Weighing up Friday: the good, the bad and the ugly.


The good:

1. Eating the results from last night's baking session. Vanilla cupcakes with white glace icing and strawberries. I'm not a big fan of using food colouring for kids. I much prefer to use food products (like raspberry juice or cocoa) to tint the icing or just leave it plain like I did here.



2. Finger painting. We both got filthy but found it quite therapeutic throwing globs of paint on the page and squelching our hands through it.


3. Breakfast conversation with Minty.

Minty after seeing this self portrait on an ad for the Masterpieces from Paris exhibit:
Minty : Whozat?
Me: Van Gogh
Minty (earnestly) : Van Gogh eyes on him

I have to agree, the eyes are a little creepy. She then told me that today she would like to 'build a car' (a girl after her father's heart although I have to admit I'm not exactly sure what she meant by this), 'watch The King and I', and 'blow bubbles'. She also mentioned that her 'hot porridge' tasted like broccoli.

4. Looking forward to the long weekend and a visit from my sister and nephew.

The Bad

Turi has not been a happy man today, lots of tears and very little sleep


The Ugly

The house looks like a toys-r-us crack den. Seriously peeps I'm ashamed.


At least it looks like good wins out today!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the good! Loving the blog, Susan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the finger painting - NMAA Cooks has a finger painting recipe I think as well as the tried and true play dough. I wonder if Minty thinks broccoli flavoured porridge is a good thing???? The cupcakes are really special - don't think I've seen such attractive ones anywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcakes look too beautiful to eat ~ love the finger painting! xx

    ReplyDelete