Saturday, March 13, 2010

happy snapping


As you may have guessed from my previous post I've been playing around with a new camera lens. My brother-in-law generously loaned me a cannon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens (thanks Ross!). If I'm honest it's possibly a case of pearls before swine. I've been having lots of fun with it though. I'm very much a learner driver, bunny-hopping around the car park trying to parallel park. I think I'm more qualified than most to say that even with the most expensive equipment you can still take a really bad photo. If you don't know how to use your camera your photos will still be very blah.


One of the reasons I started this blog was to force me to work on my photography skills. I come from a family full of photographers so there isn't ordinarily much incentive to get behind the camera. Since having the kids I do feel much more motivated to take some shots because quite often I'm the only person there to capture the moment.


Don't worry, the blog isn't going to turn into a photography instructional (there are people much more qualified than me doing that already) but I do hope you'll indulge me by letting me have a little 'show and tell' of my efforts from today.


Minty was out visiting her grandparents so I managed to have some one-on-one time with my littlest. I haven't really had an opportunity to take many portrait shots of Turi so it was nice to take a couple of 'posed' photos.







1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work, you obviously have some talent there - these photo's are fantastic. But then you do have a very special subject.

    ReplyDelete